- Overcoming worry and parenting anxiety. Not worrying about what other people think of how you raise your children.
- US culture being oriented towards adult lifestyles and careers and not very child friendly.
- Thinking that you can control everything and being goal oriented does not work with kids because while you can influence them, you can't control what they do.
- You will be happier as a parent/family if you focus on what you can control - the environment, how you respond, getting prepared in advance, etc.
- The Golden Rule and other ways to teach kids the value of kindness.